Sunday, September 8, 2013

Problem Initializing Android Repo Tool

Following directions  here , I am trying to get source code for the latest version of Android 2.1. According to  this page , that is android-2.1_r2.1p2. When I get to the step where I issue the command:

repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-2.1_r2.1p2

I do not get a prompt asking me for my name and email. The system returns to the prompt with no error message and nothing is downloaded.

I have posts in Google Groups:   Android Building  and  Repo and Gerrit Discussion 

I also started a discussion thread on  Stack Overflow .

Update 09/09/2013:  The problem here was that I use a VPN and it was active.  A very helpful user on the #android-dev IRC channel told me that proxies are a problem when getting the code.

No comments:

Post a Comment